Promotion of Judicial Protection Center
- Publication Date：
- Last updated：2022-06-14
- View count：574
Promotion of Judicial Protection Center
1. Link the local government and social protection resources under its jurisdiction to provide substantive services to the parties and their families.
2. Establish an external contact window for judicial protection resources of the Prosecutors Offices.
The district prosecutors Offices under the Taiwan High Prosecutors Office
1. Summarizing of Statutory Reporting
Implement the summarizing of reported information set out in Articles 53, 54 and 54-1 in accordance with the provisions on The Protection of Children and Youth Welfare and Rights Act.
2. Care Reporting
If during the implementation of investigation (including indictment), the (head) prosecutor or related staffs knows that the parties or their family members have one of the following circumstances, they should ensure that the subsequent reporting will be arranged:
(1) People with high risk of suicide.
(2) People with mental illness
(3) Those in need of social assistance.
1. Appoint dedicated personnel to serve as the processing window.
(1) Appoint dedicated personnel to (concurrently) serve as the processing window and be responsible for referral, reporting, coordination and confirmation.
(2) Depending on case load, space and manpower available, they may request volunteers to be on shift and assist.
2. Link local governments and social resources
(1) Depending on the reporting matters, link the appropriate units of the municipality, county (city) governments and other social resources, such as:
A) For statutory reporting matters and matters that need social assistance, link the Department of Social Welfare of county and city governments.
B) For people with high risk of suicide and mental illness, link the Department of Health of municipality, county (city) government, community mental health centers or suicide prevention centers.
C) Other appropriate government and social resources.
(2) Coordinate with municipality, county (city) governments or other social resources to establish contact windows, so as to enhance administrative efficiency.
3. Control and management of case numbers of accepted cases.
When the Judicial Protection Center accepts cases, it shall control them with serial numbers and carry out a short monthly report for reporting, supervision, and review.
1. Phases of Reporting
(1) Statutory Reporting
A) If the (head) prosecutor or other staff who is on duty knows that the party or his/her family members have matters required for statutory reporting under The Protection of Children and Youth Welfare and Rights Act, they shall fill in the reporting form and report it by means of the internet, telecommunication, fax or other technological equipment.
B) Submit the reporting form to the Judicial Protection Center after reporting.
C) The Judicial Protection Center should accept the reporting form and immediately number the form and log the data into the system.
(2) Care Reporting
A) During investigation (including indictment), if the (head) prosecutor or other staff knows that the party or his/her family members have matters that the Judicial Protection Center may assist, they shall fill in the reporting form and send it to the Judicial Protection Center.
B) The Judicial Protection Center should accept the reporting form and immediately number the form and log the data into the system.
C) Based on the content of the care reporting form or after further verifying the relevant information, report the case to the appropriate authorities based on the circumstances of the individual cases by telephone, fax or official documents for assessment and assistance.
D) Confirm the processing unit's response within 2 weeks.
(3) Emergency reporting at night or during holidays
A) Establish emergency reporting telephone and fax numbers for reporting or referral matters.
B) If the (head) prosecutor or other staff who is on duty at night or during holidays knows that the party or his/her family members have matters that require emergency reporting, report the case via emergency reporting internet phone directly and fill in the reporting form.
C) Submit the reporting form to Judicial Protection Center.
D) After receiving the reporting form, immediately numbering the form and logging the data into the system, the Judicial Protection Center shall quickly contact the responsible unit by phone for the follow-up.
E) Confirm the response of the processing unit within 2 weeks.
2. Case Closing Phase
(1) After receiving the reply form, the staff of the Center should submit it together with the relevant data to the supervisor for review and then close the case.
(2) After reviewing the case, the supervisor shall copy and send the relevant data of the case back to the (head) prosecutor or other staffs.
The relevant funds shall be paid under the relevant fund items of the local authorities. Where necessary, use social resources for support.
For those who handle this program with excellent results, reward them in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Standard table for rewards and punishment of personnel of the prosecutors offices under the Ministry of Justice.